Bachelor in ECONOMICS
The degree conferred upon the completion of the undergraduate program is economist/ Bachelor of Arts in Economics. The students graduated from this department will be able to serve in the public administration, in the private sector and in non-governmental organizations. The system of attendance is full time. Detailed information on the courses offered in the semester schedules is included in the academic plan. The list of departmental must elective and free-elective courses is provided in details in the academic catalogue, including the theoretical lessons, recitation lessons, credits, equivalent credits according to ECTS credit system, and workload of each course. The list of courses offered each semester by our department and academic catalogue correlate together. The objective of this department is to fulfill the need for qualified members in this field, and to prepare skilled people to work in different sectors related to economics. In addition, the vast demands from high-school applicants have been an influent factor for the establishment department.
The mission of the Department of Economics consists of three interrelated components: providing the highest quality instruction to our undergraduate students, conducting leading-edge research in economics, and providing leadership and service to our professional communities.
The Department of Economics aims at the qualification of new staff with general knowledge alert to the challenges in economy, and able to work in the administration of local and foreign private companies.
Program and Job Opportunities
This department will have the following advantages:
- Appropriate and comfortable spaces for students and academicians.
- Recent catalogs and educational programs based on the global trade demand of work.
- Diversified staff (foreign and Albanian) with long educational experience.
- Possibilities for internships during the studies in local and foreign companies.
- The spaces are supplied with wireless and cabled internet 24 hour that students can use to develop their research.
- The possibility of employment for the graduated is tightly connected with their academicals advances, courage, and conditions that will be provided by the university.
- The graduated students will have consolidated knowledge on economics and economic processes.
- Students will be able to situate trade development and to find relevant solution to the continuously appearing challenges.
- Through the gained experience, the graduated economists will be among the most preferred staff in the specific disciplines due to their profession ethics, acquired theoretical framework, and applied methodology when employed.
- The department aims to encouraging and motivating the graduated students to organize and manage their private activities.
Academic staff evolved in the fulfillment of the academic program is expected to have the following patterns:
- The educational workload for these four years is 159 credits or 240 ECTS credits. Seven full time and part-time academicians are responsible to handle the course load. The foreign and the Albanian staff is totally dedicated to the well-functioning of the department and they are also highly qualified and supplemented with empirical experiences from important institutions in Albania and abroad.
- The basic instructive texts are the most recent editions of books. At the same time, registration in the most important on-line academic journals will facilitate the conduct of research by students, who can navigate freely in these sites. The course syllabus with the weekly schedule of the lectures will be given by the instructor at the beginning of the course. Foreign literature will be used during the program studies.
- In addition to the course schedule, Epoka University will cooperate with important companies and banks in Albania to organize internships for students helping them to better perceive the use of theoretical framework in empirical conditions as well as to enhance their organizational and administrative skills. Moreover, due to the Multimedia lab found in the university, students will be continuously attending video-conferences on various topics, held by distinguished professionals and head chiefs of different organizations. The format of the academic curriculum of the Economics Department is based on the model of the most well-known universities in the world.
ECONOMICS DEPARTMENT PROGRAM COMPETENCIES
|1||The students are gained the ability to look at the problems of daily life from a broader perspective. They gain the needed skills not only to understand economic problems in economics but also to construct a model and defend in meaningful way.|
|2||They have knowledge about the microeconomics.|
|3||They have knowledge about the macroeconomics.|
|4||They have knowledge about the international economics and finance.|
|5||They have ability to use mathematical and statistical methods in economics.|
|6||They know how to use computer programs in both daily office usage and statistical data evaluations in public and private sector.|
|7||They have necessary economics skills that needed in private and public sector.|
|8||They are intended to be specialist in one of departmental fields that they choose from the list of general economics, growth and development, labor economics and labor market, environmental economics, agricultural economics, health economics, education economics and human development, political economics, international economics, monetary economics, finance economics, public finance, international financial markets and institutions, banking and central banking, international trade and banking, monetary economics and banking,|
|9||They have ability to utilize fundamental economic theories and tools to solve economic problems in economics.|
|10||They are aware of the fact that economics is a social science and they respect the social perspectives and social values of the society’s ethics.|