Bachelor in BUSINESS INFORMATICS
Business Informatics is the study combining information technology with management for the use in business. BI examines and works with the interplays between technology, business and society. It is about designing information systems for maximum utility and value in an organization. This includes understanding how people work and how the organizations function. Contemporary business environment and their success highly depend on the rapid changes in information system and computer technologies. Business informatics is to bridge the gap between the organization and the information technology by design and implementation of IT systems that support their operation. It refers to the use of information management tools for the processing, storage, management, and analysis of data that relates to business by creating information related to business as well as the analysis used to understand this information. Business informatics degree meets a strong current need for IT professionals with skills in areas such as business analysis. The focus lies on the planning, development, implementation, operation, optimization and economic use of information and communication systems. Business Informatics specialists are often considered as the interpreters between IT and business administration staff who often live in completely different worlds and talk at cross purposes. They need not only commercial and technical know-how for this but must also be able to express themselves well and mediate between people.
Students graduating with the Bachelors of Business Informatics are able to:
- Process and manage information function within organization
- Analyze, plan and develop organizational business plan
- Develop necessary plans and strategies by use of IT support
- Plan required business analysis through statistical data by estimating the risks.
- Plan and control over organizational resources like human resources, materials and machines.
- Build internet based systems for planning, booking and billing in travel reservation systems.
- Process for statistical analysis of consumer behavior data mining system.
- Business analyst
- Information analyst
- Information systems manager
- Information technology strategist
- Network/web manager
- Project manager
- Risk manager
- System manager
Bachelor's of Business Informatics program is comprised of a three year curriculum at EPOKA University. The educational workload for these three years is 184 ECTS credits. Each semester students are expected to cover at least 30 ECTS credits.
Bachelor Program in Banking and Finance aims at the qualification of new staff with general knowledge, alert to the challenges in finance, and able to work in the banking sector as well as in the administration of local and foreign private companies.
Bachelor Program in Banking and Finance consist in 240 ECTS including the diploma thesis. The students that have successfully completed a total of 240 ECTS shall be entitled to graduate from the program and shall be conferred the diploma of Bachelor in Banking Finance.
- Activities in general formation disciplines ? about 20% (about 36 ECTS)
- Activities in characterizing disciplines of the study program ? about 50% (about 90 ECTS)
- Activities in similar or/and integrative disciplines, related to characterizing disciplines ? about 10% (about 18 ECTS)
- Elective disciplines, within the disciplines offered by the institution ? about 7-8% (about 12-14 ECTS)
- Other formation knowledge, such as foreign language, informatics, presentations, training and internship etc. ? about 10% (about 18 ECTS)
- Diploma thesis preparation ? 3-4% (about 5-7 ECTS)