Master of Science in BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
The Department of Business Administration aims at the qualification of new staff with general knowledge, alert to the challenges in economics and management, and able to work in the administration of local and foreign private sectors. The student will be able to acquire the necessary knowledge to operate in Albania and abroad due to learnt theoretical framework, human resources management, Albanian economy, accounting, related laws etc. The department?s objective is to qualify new managers, supplied with the field knowledge by benefiting from all the achievements of this discipline at the international level.
The degree conferred upon the completion of the undergraduate program is Manager/ Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration. The qualification from this department provides the students with knowledge in management and in business administration, as well as with organizational skills to serve in the public and in private sector.
The system of attendance is full time. Detailed information on the courses offered in the semester schedules is included in the academic plan. The list of departmental must, elective, restricted elective and free-elective courses is provided in details in the academic catalogue, including the theoretical lessons, recitation lessons, credits, equivalent credits according to ECTS credit system, and workload of each course. The list of courses offered each semester by our department and academic catalogue correlate together. The objective of this department is to fulfill the need for qualified members in this field, and to prepare skilled people to work in different managing sectors. In addition, the vast demands from high school applicants have been an influent factor for the establishment department.
The mission of the Business Administration Department is to prepare and graduate students for careers in business, government and non-profit organizations by providing a broad professional education. The business administration program is structured around a group of technical courses, which exposes students to the basic tools of quantitative methods, accounting, and economic theory, and a core of management and leadership courses that integrate culture, language, and ethics, to enable future business leaders to meet the challenges of today?s global environment.
The first necessary requirement for the pursuit of studies in this department will be the High School Diploma in Albania or an equivalent diploma of a Foreign High School Diploma subject to the criteria established by the Ministry of Education and Science. The Admissions for this department will be defined by the admission exam. The necessary documentation for registration and for admission is explained in the Regulation of Epoka University.
This department will have the following advantages:
- Appropriate and comfortable spaces for students and academicians.
- Recent catalogues and educational programs based on the global trade demand of work Diversified staff (foreign and Albanian) with long educational experience.
- Possibilities for internships during the studies in local and foreign companies. The spaces are supplied with wireless and cabled internet 24 hours a day so that students can use to develop their research.
- The possibility of employment for the graduated students is tightly connected with their academic advances, courage, and conditions that will be provided by the university.
- The graduated students will have consolidated knowledge on management, economics and human resources
- Students will be able to situate organizational work in the company and to find relevant solutions to the continuously appearing challenges.
- Through the gained experience, the graduated managers will be among the most preferred staff in the specific disciplines due to their profession ethics, acquired theoretical framework, and applied methodology when employed. The department aims at encouraging and motivating the graduated students to organize and manage their private activities.
Academic staff evolved in the fulfillment of the academic program is expected to have the following patterns:
- The educational workload for these four years is 159 credits or 240 ECTS credits. Seven full time and part-time academicians are responsible to handle the course load. The foreign and the Albanian staff is totally dedicated to the well-functioning of the department and they are also highly qualified and supplemented with empirical experiences from important institutions in Albania and abroad
- The basic instructive texts are the most recent editions of books. At the same time, registration in the most important on-line academic journals will facilitate the conduct of research by students, who can navigate freely in these sites. The course syllabus with the weekly schedule of the lectures will be given by the instructor at the beginning of the course. Foreign literature will be used during the program studies.
- In addition to the course schedule, ?EPOKA? University will cooperate with important companies and banks in Albania to organize internships for students helping them to better perceive the use of theoretical framework in empirical conditions as well as to enhance their organizational and administrative skills. Moreover, due to the Multimedia lab found in the university, students will be continuously attending video-conferences on various topics, held by distinguished international bankers and head chiefs of different organizations. The format of the academic curriculum of the Business Administration Department is based on the model of the most well-known universities in the world.